Thursday 16 May 2013

Guiso

Today was another pretty productive yet relaxing work day. I did not have the pleasure of riding my bike again this morning since Verena gave us a lift. Three of the artists from further away are staying with her for the week, so we all needed to get to the cultural center; Esteban arrived here last night and joined us for day three. He has only recently started drawing, but his work is interesting and unique.

























It rained again almost all day and the roads have turned quite awful. With all the rain it was also a bit tricky again to get a fire going and to cook lunch, but Zunilda managed it all with skill. She always cooks outside and all ten of us had plenty to eat again. I had provided beans and rice for a bean stew, but the beans were unanimously voted out of the meal, so we had rice stew again. Cooking and kitchen work is solely women's domain, so Mistra, Zunilda and I share all the tasks of preparing food and cleaning up while the men work on their prints. I'm glad for this experience and it is really nice eating all together every day. However, after this week I think I'll need a break from Guiso. Rice Guiso Monday, Noodle Guiso Tuesday, Rice Guiso Wednesday...etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment