Friday 17 May 2013

Acknowledgements

With all the positive experiences I've had here, I have to say I have to thank the people here in Neuland for their interest and support of this project. First for letting me rent the cultural center for this event, which is a perfect space in a convenient location. Thanks to Heinz Wiebe, who is in charge of the support of cultural events in the community. He and his wife Mirian have stopped by several times throughout the week out of curiosity to see what we're doing. He's also spread the word and mobilized Neuland's fantastic communications team. I didn't do anything about publicity for this project, but he managed to get the local radio and television to come tomorrow morning. The principal from the highschool, Ricky Unger, stopped by with a collegue and asked if they could bring a highschool class by tomorrow as well. We've had some other curious visitors and it's just wonderful to see the interest and support for the art and the artists as well. Dyane Regier from communications came by to take photos which she posted on the town's website. She shows a lot of the work the artists did. And of course thanks to Verena for hosting me all week and not only me, but three of the artists from further away. She's provided us all with breakfasts and suppers, rides through the mud, and of course pre-arranging everything here before I came. Without her this workshop wouldn't have happend. And thanks to my parents who helped me gather all the local supplies and their eternal support. Thank you all very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment