Thursday 14 May 2015

Day Four - More Prints and Good Company
















Clemente Julios.
Armadillo.

Another long day with lots of new art and dedication. The weather changed today and it was cloudy all day, so the light indoors was quite terrible for fine work. Every artist has his workstation pulled right up against the window to get as much light as possible. Along with poor eyesight for most of artists it's a bit of a challenge. It also started raining later in the day (fall weather in Paraguay) and the roads have become super mucky. I have a three km bike ride home and it felt like I was slipping and sliding through 3 inches of soap for most of the way. I'm proud to say I managed without putting my boot down into the mud, but I fear had anyone seen me it would have been quite entertaining to watch. Well, back to printmaking.

The prints keep coming and many are turning out quite nicely. Favourite motifs for the artists are local animals and most of the local wildlife is represented already along the walls: anteaters, capybaras, ñandus, tapir, peccaries, armadillos, etc. I'll only post two of the pieces today since a lot of my pictures didn't turn out so well in the not so great light conditions indoors. More images of work later.















Sixto Velázquez. 
Anteater. 




No comments:

Post a Comment